Pen Buddies Global Poetry Competition
We are delighted to announce Pen Buddies Global Poetry Competition!
The vision of the PenBuddies project is to connect children around the globe, learn about and embrace the differences and remove communication barriers.
Writing a poem enables our children to share their knowledge, their culture and tell the story. The theme of the poetry competition is
“The World Around Us”.
The Pen Buddies Global Poetry competition is open to children aged 5-13 y.o.
The entries should be submitted via email to Pen Buddies Global Poetry Competition 2021
The maximum length is 30 lines and should fit on one side of A4 paper
When submitting the poem, add your name, age, country, and a paragraph about yourself
The poem should be written in English
We will offer the Poetry writing workshops during July – October 2021. Workshops will be delivered virtually via Zoom*
All poetry styles and types are welcome, and we encourage drawings and artwork to accompany your poems
By submitting your entry, you accept the Terms and Conditions below
Judging Criteria and Award Categories:
Entries will be judged in these three age categories:
5-7-year-olds - “Little Gem award”
8-10-year-olds - “Orpheus award”
11-13-year-olds - “Apollo award”
Entry Submission Deadline: 31 October 2021
Winners Announcement: 12 December 2021
Awards ceremony: February 2022
There will be fantastic prizes in each age category, involving adventurous experiences for winners and their family. But most excitingly, all poems will be published in a 2021 PenBuddies Anthology and all young poets will receive a complimentary copy.
*Poetry writing workshops:
We offer 4-weeks Poetry writing workshops to individuals and organisations. The sessions will be done via Zoom once a week during a 4-weeks period in July, August, September, October. Various time zones will be considered. Please, let us know if you are interested to join the workshop by sending an email to PenBuddies Global Poetry Competition 2021
Terms & Conditions:
1. All submitted entries belong to the Wisdom (Zhihui) Foundation.
2. Selected entries will be used for marketing and publicity purposes for the Wisdom (Zhihui) Foundation.
3. Participants’ basic details including a personal photo will be used for marketing and publicity purposes. Please, notify us if you want to exclude yourself from the media exposure for personal privacy.
4. Winners will be judged by the committee members from Wisdom (Zhihui) Foundation and creative industry professionals.
5. Competition result is final and non-debatable.